Microsoft Teams has become ubiquitous when it comes to NFU meetings during coronavirus lockdown.
But no one is born knowing how to use the online meeting platform, so here’s a quick beginners’ guide.
This is not an exhaustive list, so for more information, extra tips and help using Teams, visit: support. microsoft.com
- Go to the meeting email invite and select Join Microsoft Teams Meeting.
- This will open a web page offering two choices: Download the Windows app and join on the web. Click join on the web.
- Your web browser will open and may ask if it is okay for Teams to use the mic and camera. Allow access to these, so you will be heard (and can hear!) in the meeting. If you don’t want to be seen, you can adjust the camera settings later.
- Enter your name and choose your audio and video settings.
- You will now see a screen with a preview of your video and a ‘join now’ button.
- Three sliders below ‘join now’ give you the option to turn the mic and/ or camera on or off, or choose a different video background.
- If you only want to listen, turn off the mic. If you don’t want to be seen at all, turn off the camera; if you are just worried people may judge your décor, select a different background or the ‘blur’ option.
- Turning off the video can help if you have a slow or unreliable broadband connection - common in many rural areas.
- Click the Join now button.
- Relax and enjoy the meeting!
If you experience any problems, contact the regional office on 01572 824250 or send an email to the person who organised the Teams meeting.