Applications from farmers, foresters, growers, landowners, rural processing businesses and tourism providers are being sought for LEADER funding.
Funding can support a wide range of activities including:
* New farm technologies and business practices to improve farm profitability and sustainability.
* Equipment and machinery to improve animal health and welfare.
* Processing, marketing and /or development of agricultural products.
* Farm diversifications including adding value to farm produce and diversification into non-farming activity.
*Small scale tourism projects, such as new and existing visitor attractions, accommodation and activities.
* Forestry machinery and equipment and projects which add value to forestry products.
Details of the specifics of the funding available along with guidance notes and information on how to apply are available on the LEADER websites: www.sbeleader.org.uk and www.fellsanddales.org.uk.
LEADER funding is administered by the Cumbria Fells and Dales and Solway, Border and Eden Local Action Groups (LAGs). It is part of the Rural Development Programme for England, funded by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and the European Union (EU) through the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development.