You will need a strong, sharp knife.
All directions are for whole birds:
- Holding the wing by the tip, cut it at the mid section. Repeat with the other wing.
- Holding the leg by the end knuckle, cut through the skin between the leg and the body then twist off. Repeat with the other leg.
- Using knife’s tip cut along the breast bone, keeping the knife close to the bone, until the breast is removed. Repeat steps 1-3 for the other side of the bird.
- Slice the breast to suit.
- Slice dark meat from leg and wing.
- Arrange the meat on a platter and pour the hot cooking juices over the sliced meat. Allow the meat a few moments to soak up all the lovely juices before serving.