More than 100 NFU members have already pledged to work to achieve net zero by 2040 by signing up to a new interactive map created by the NFU to showcase and recognise the range of work being done on farms in England and Wales.
If you are on a net zero journey, click here to take a look at the map now and find out how to make your pledge.
Stuart Roberts, NFU Deputy President, said:
“It’s great to see more than 100 members have already made a pledge for net zero since we launched the map this week.
“The NFU has set the ambitious goal of reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions across the whole of agriculture in England and Wales by 2040 and we know many of our members are taking positive steps to achieve this goal and that deserves recognition.
“With COP26, the UN climate change conference, due to be held in Glasgow in November 2021, we want to celebrate the action that members are taking by getting as many of them as possible to share their net zero journey and make a pledge.
“The more members who come together to make a pledge, the bigger change we can make. Each and every action counts and by pledging for net zero on our map, you’re joining with other farmers and landowners who believe that together we can make a massive contribution to combat climate warming.”
WATCH: NFU Deputy President Stuart Roberts explains how agriculture can be part of the solution for combatting climate change. Stuart explains how productivity improvements can also lead to net zero by becoming more efficient and using resources better. He shows what he has done on his Hertfordshire farm on his journey to net zero.
Credit: BusinessGreen and the Net Zero Festival (October 2020).
More on the NFU's net zero ambition:
- Watch again: Making net zero work for your farm
- 26 ways farmers are doing their bit for net zero
- NFU members set to start net zero ELMs Test and Trial
- Achieving net zero - meeting the climate change challenge
- Use the NFU's Farm Status Indicator
More from NFUonline:
- NFU responds to government's ten point plan for green recovery
- NFU partners with Climate Action on virtual Sustainable Innovation Forum
- A message from the President
- NFU Live: Your guide to the NFU's programme of autumn events
- What the NFU is doing to help members