The NFU is partnering with Climate Action on this year’s Sustainable Innovation Forum, a five-day virtual event which will look at the global climate challenges we face and how to tackle them.
The Sustainable Innovation Forum 2020 will run from 16 to 20 November as a virtual event. Delegates will be able to hear from 60 speakers over the five days, including government ministers and UN officials. Prince Charles will be one of the speakers on day five.
Over the past decade the Forum has played a key role in helping forge the cross-sector partnerships required to address the global climate challenge and transition to a net zero economy.
NFU Deputy President Stuart Roberts said:
“The NFU has led the way and set the ambitious goal of reaching net zero greenhouse gas emissions across the whole of agriculture in England and Wales by 2040 so it made perfect sense for us to be an institutional partner for this event.
“This is a great opportunity to join the debate, find out more about how we can work together towards net zero, and help build momentum on climate action ahead of COP26 next year.”
More from NFUonline:
- 26 ways farmers are doing their bit for net zero
- NFU members set to start net zero ELMs Test and Trial
- Government promises a comprehensive net zero strategy in 2021
- Climate Assembly UK report highlights agriculture's net zero aspirations
- NFU expert insight: what are the links between lockdown, air quality and agriculture?