Get the latest State of the Farming Economy briefing from the NFU's economic intelligence team.
The document provides a snapshot of the current economic situation and an insight into the medium-term prospects for the food and farming sector and why agriculture is important to the national economy.
What's in the briefing?
Key headlines in this edition include:
- Updated commodity price analysis and outlook
- The UK economy shrank by a record 9.9% last year as coronavirus restrictions hit output
- Inflation rose 0.7% in the 12 months to January, up from December's 0.6%
- Retail sales fell 8.2% in January from the month before
- UK government borrowing hit £8.8bn in January
- The UK's unemployment rate rose to 5.1% in the three months to December
- Farming input costs increased by 4.2% in December compared with a year earlier
- Farm borrowing decreased to £19.23bn, 2.5% lower than the previous month
Related news and intelligence: