The NFU's economic intelligence team has produced a new State of the Farming Economy briefing for February 2019.
The document provides a snapshot of the state of the farming economy including the current economic and farming situation in a post-Brexit economy. It also gives an insight into the medium-term prospects for the food and farming sector and why agriculture is important to the national economy.
What's in the briefing?
- Updated commodity price analysis and outlook
- The UK economy expanded at its slowest annual rate in six years in 2018
- Inflation fell to 1.8% in January, below the Bank of England’s 2% target
- Wages continue to outpace inflation
- Interest rates remain at 0.75%
- UK grocery sector remains in growth
- Agriculture’s contribution to the economy breaks the £10bn mark
- British Farming's key role in the Economy: Picking the positives