The Environment Agency is consulting on several anaerobic digestion (AD) and composting standard rules permits. If you are an AD or composting operator using a standard rules permit, you can submit your views in the call for evidence.
The review of biowaste permits to improve environmental outcomes opened on 28 June and closes on 20 September.
Topics within the consultation include:
- Availability of standard rules
- Technical competence and operational competence
- Construction standards
- De-gritting and tank integrity
- Nitrogen management and ammonia emissions
- Improved water efficiency
- Location to sensitive receptors
- Waste types and acceptance