The All Terrain Vehicle Industry European Association (ATVEA) has launched free, self-paced and interactive eTraining, to help users learn the fundamentals of ATV riding and develop safe riding practices.
The course will take you approximately 30 minutes to complete and you will be required to undertake an assessment at the end. This course is not intended as a substitute for hands-on rider training or experience. Take the time to familiarise yourself with the ATV before you go for a ride and make sure to read and follow the instructions and warnings contained in your ATV owner’s manual. Find out more about the course here.
Always ride within your abilities and your ATV’s capabilities!
No matter what your ATV riding ability is, from beginner to seasoned rider, your safety always comes first!
Since 2010, ATVEA has also been working on the correct and responsible use of Side-by-Side Vehicles, which represent an increasingly important market in Europe. Find out more about ATVEA on their website.
More information about staying safe on farm here
- Phone hacks that could save your life
- NFU risk assessments for agriculture and horticulture
- NFU health and safety principles for farmers and growers
- HSE leaflet: What a good farm looks like
- HSE safety statistics 2018
More from NFUonline:
- Visit our NFU Live channel for our NFU Live webinars and NFU Talk podcasts
- Preparing your farming business for the end of the transition period
- See the work the NFU is doing for members