Many farms will have large stocks of Nitrogen fertilisers. It is important to keep fertiliser secure and to reduce the risk of it of falling into the wrong hands.
Remember, whenever using nitrogen containing fertilisers:
- Wherever possible use a Fertiliser Industry Assurance Scheme (FIAS) approved supplier.
- Wherever possible keep in a secure area such as a building or sheeted away from public view.
- Carry out regular stock checks and report any loss to the Police immediately (call 101).
- Avoid leaving fertiliser in a field overnight – never leave fertiliser in the field for a long period of time.
- Remember it is illegal to sell ammonium nitrate without the correct documentation
Read more here
Watch a video on fertilizer security here