A free Countryside Code gatepost sign for use on public footpaths urges ramblers and dog walkers to visit the countryside responsibly.
The sign was initially produced when the easing of the lockdown bought an influx of visitors to rural areas.
The sign is available at no cost for NFU members and should be displayed only on rights of way due to its wording. If used near livestock it should be accompanied by the NFU’s popular yellow dog walking notice, available to order here.
More from NFUonline:
- Agriculture Bill: Your last chance to influence this vital legislation
- Watch again: members tune in for live Q&A with the President
- NFU Live: Events from the NFU this autumn
- Watch now: Your weekly video update from the President
- What the NFU is doing to help members
- NFU gatepost signs: Order your signs here
- Need help or advice? Contact NFUCallFirst