The NFU gave evidence to the HS2 Select Committee between 18-19 November 2014.
Our team, which included legal, planning, law and tax experts, submitted very comprehensive slides to illustrate the far reaching impact of the HS2 project on farmers.
Attention was particularly given to the inadequacies of the compulsory purchase code. One set of slides even covers how the NFU HQ and the surrounding businesses on Stoneleigh Park would be affected during the construction.
View the slides below - which are for NFU members only. Not a member? Find out about joining here or call our team 0370 428 1401.
HS2 Evidence Slides submitted by the NFU:
- General slides
- Duty of care: the issue
- Time limits: compulsory purchase
- Temporary acquisition of land: the issue
- Use of roads: the issue
- Coloured plans
- Planning permission time limits
- Clause 47: compulsory acquisition for regeneration
- Land take for mitigation: the issue
- Interest on late payments: the issue
- Bunds, sustainable placement: the issue
- Noise: the issue
- Accommodation works and access to severed land: the issue
- Replacement buildings – planning: the issue
- Hedgerows: the issue
- Soil management and field drainage
- Balancing ponds/Floodplains: the issue
- Groundwater quality: the issue
- Capital Gains Tax: background
- Stamp Duty land tax, Inheritance tax and VAT
- Stoneleigh Park: the issue
More of our work on HS2:
- NFU team complete HS2 evidence session - watch again
- Delayed decision on HS2 will cause uncertainty
- NFU meeting at HQ features on TV news
HS2 videos - view our playlist on You Tube