Quality Assurance Inspector (Beet Intake)
Various locations - Bury St Edmunds / Cantley / Newark / Wissington
Fixed term contract September 2019 – March 2020
The National Farmers’ Union has a number of seasonal Beet Intake Representative roles available at each of our Sugar processing factories. You would work at one of the above locations covering the 2019 – 2020 sugar beet campaign.
This critical role involves monitoring the intake and sampling activities of British Sugar on behalf of the NFU and the sugar beet growers to ensure compliance with agreed Beet Intake and Sampling procedures.
As part of the NFU Sugar beet intake team you will be responsible for ensuring that all agreed checks and procedures are correctly followed by British Sugar, reporting any non-conformances. This will require you to be active and observant throughout the day ensuring standards are maintained. You will also be the first point of contact for the beet growers dealing with their enquiries and complaints as they arise, together with some basic documentation and recording of activities. You will also seek continuous improvement opportunities to enhance performance and operations.
Essential experience and skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to follow rules and procedures and not to be afraid to challenge non-conformances when they arise
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage effectively with people across all levels together with tact and discretion
- Computer literate and able to input data accurately
- Organised and methodical with attention to detail
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability to work unsupervised using your own initiative
- Previous experience of quality control would be beneficial but full training will be provided.
These roles will be working shift based patterns over seven days a week on a 28 day rotation covering the beet intake factory from opening to close.
You will be based at one of the above British Sugar sites and work alongside British Sugar staff as they operate the beet intake for the campaign.
Please indicate which British Sugar site you would want to work at in your application -
Bury St Edmunds (IP32 7BB)
Cantley (NR13 3ST)
Newark (NG24 1DL)
Wissington (PE33 9QG)
- £120 to £165 per shift dependant on location of the sugar processing factory
- A friendly team environment with lots of support and training.
How to apply
If you feel you have the right skills for this role or have what it takes then, please click here to download a job description and click here to download an application form. Please send completed application forms to cmVjcnVpdG1lbnRAbmZ1Lm9yZy51aw==.
Closing date: 30th June 2019
The NFU is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.