Transport of animals - Certificate of Competence

- Membership categories: Farmer and Grower, NFU Pro, NFU Countryside, NFU Students and Young Farmers 
- Go back to our main membership pages

Wool House - sheep_14841

As of January 2008, anyone transporting livestock or poultry in connection with economic activity and over 65km will need to hold a Certificate of Competence to conform to EU regulations.

What is the offer?

  • This allows transportation of animals on domestic journeys under eight hours within the UK
  • The price includes the workshop, test, notification of your results and the Certificate of Competence
  • Passing the test will ensure you comply with compulsory EU legislation

What does it cost?

  • NFU Farmer & Grower Members £35 plus VAT
  • NFU Countryside Members £60 plus VAT
  • Student & YFC Members £35 plus VAT

How do I get the discount?

To register your interest, please contact your regional office below:

North West 01695 554900 [email protected]

North East 01904 451550 [email protected]

West Midlands 01952 400500 [email protected]

East Midlands 01572 824250 [email protected]

South West 01392 440700 [email protected]

South East 01730 711950 [email protected]

East Anglia 01638 672100 [email protected]

NFU Cymru 01982 554200 [email protected]

Published: 30/08/2016 at 10:16

Share this story:

NFU members: Have your say

Want to share your views? You must be logged in to comment – please login here. Not a member? Join us here.

© 2020 - NFUonline