The HSE is calling on businesses across Britain to make sure that they are COVID-19 secure. To back this up, the HSE has stated that inspectors will carry out spot checks to see how well businesses are complying with health and safety law and the obligation to control the risk from COVID-19 to workers and the public.
The HSE is using a variety of methods to collect information, including site visits, phone calls, and the collection of supporting visual evidence such as photos.
There are five practical steps that businesses should take to control COVID-19 risks:
- Step 1: Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment in line with HSE guidance
- Step 2: Develop increased cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures
- Step 3: Take all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- Step 4: Maintain 2m social distancing where possible
- Step 5: Where people cannot be 2m apart, manage transmission risk
More from NFUonline:
- How to manage a COVID-19 outbreak
- Working safely during coronavirus: Advice on making your business 'COVID-secure'
- Coronavirus: What the NFU is doing to help members
- Coronavirus: Advice for employers from the NFU's Specialist Advice Team
- WATCH: A message from the President