It's that time of year! Your NFU 17/18 renewal pack will be mailing out over the next two weeks.
As an NFU member, you’re currently part of the largest organisation in England and Wales representing farmers and growers. The more members are united, the more we can be a louder and stronger voice for British farming and for your business, championing what matters most to agriculture.
But did you know that you can renew your NFU subscription by Direct Debit, or credit/debit card, at any time of the day or night via NFUonline?
You can log into the members' area of our website, where you can make your payment securely online.
Other ways to pay:
Members can save time renewing their subscriptions online, but we’re always on hand should you wish to pay by an alternative method:
- Your local Group Secretary - if you would like to discuss your membership renewal or simply pay in person, please visit your Group Secretary at your local office.
- Direct Debit - complete the Direct Debit mandate form attached to your renewal and sent it in the pre-paid returned envelope.
- Renewals Helpline - if you would like to make a payment using your debit/credit card or by setting up a direct debit over the phone, you can contact the NFU Renewals Helpline on 0370 606 0525.
- Internet or telephone banking - to make a payment using telephone, internet or other remote banking services offered by your bank or building society please quote the following;
Account name: NFU Subscription
Sort Code: 40-21-27
Account number: 51374672
Please ensure you quote your membership number as the reference.
- Cheque - please make cheques payable to ‘NFU’ stating your membership number on the reverse and sent it in the pre-paid returned envelope.
Here's how to do it:
Members can save time renewing their subscriptions online, but we’re always on-hand should you encounter problems. If you would like to make a payment, you can contact the NFU Renewals Helpline on 0370 606 0525.