The annual political party conference season is over. But this year's conferences looked rather different to previous ones with all three main parties using online platforms to host their debates and policy discussions.
Here's a round-up of the fringe events in which the NFU was represented:
Conservative Party Conference
The NFU took part in three sessions at the Conservative Party Conference:
- Setting the standard: exporting our values. In partnership with ConservativeHome. Watch again here.
- Net zero, farming and trade: feeding the nation and protecting the planet. NFU in partnership with the Conservative Environment Network (CEN). Watch again here.
- NFU President Minette Batters in conversation with Secretary of State for Defra Rt Hon George Eustice MP. Watch again here.
Labour Party Conference
The NFU took part in two sessions at the Labour Party Conference:
- Thinking global, growing local – what are the Covid-19 lessons for food and farming? In partnership with The Fabian Society. Speakers included Daniel Zeichner MP, Shadow Minister for Food and Farming, and NFU Deputy President Stuart Roberts. Watch again here.
- NFU Deputy President Stuart Roberts was in conversation with Shadow Defra Secretary Luke Pollard MP. Watch again here.
Liberal Democrats Party Conference
The NFU took part in one session at the Liberal Democrats Party Conference:
- Feeding Britain: The importance of food security following COVID-19. NFU Vice President Tom Bradshaw was in conversation with Tim Farron MP, Liberal Democrat Spokesperson for Food and Rural Affairs, on the importance of food security in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. (This was only available to Lib Dem delegates).
More from NFUonline:
- NFU Live: Events from the NFU this autumn
- Take a look at our shows and events calendar
- Find out about NFU membership