NFU Electricity Buying Groups will now be run monthly, providing more flexibility and making it easier for members to join and start gaining the benefits.
Over the past two years, the NFU's Electricity Buying Groups have been tendered quarterly to suppliers to negotiate a discounted offering and save NFU members money on their Non-Half Hourly electricity renewals. However, now that the number of members using these groups has grown, and based on feedback, the way buying groups are run has been changed to provide more flexibility.
May’s buying group is now open. Current prices have gone out to members with renewal dates between 30 June and 31 July 2019. However, members renewing within the next six months can call now to take up the current group prices.
What does this mean for me?
• Prices available for three weeks of every month rather than three weeks per quarter. Which means you don’t have to wait as long for prices.
• You can arrange your contract at a time that suits you.
Why should I join a buying group?
• You'll benefit from the buying power of NFU members for fairer prices
• You'll help other members to get better prices too
• Take the hassle out of ‘shopping around’ by knowing we’ve already done our checks to find you a fair price.
• Once you’ve agreed to a contract, NFU Energy will monitor your renewals to give you peace of mind.
To join a buying group, you can also call NFU Energy on 024 7669 8885 with your supply details to hand.
More about NFU Electricity Buying Groups
How it works
Savings are achieved by grouping NFU members with electricity contracts finishing within the same timeframe to obtain prices as a group instead of individually. The group you join depends on when your current electricity contract ends. The bigger the group, the better the buying power. Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions about the NFU's Electricity Buying Groups.
If you’re an NFU Farmer and Grower member, you can register for the service at NFUonline.
- First, log into the website using your membership details and password. (If you don’t know your log-in details, contact CallFirst on 0370 845 8458).
- Once you’re logged in, click on ‘My Profile’ in the orange drop-down section at the top right of the page to visit your personalised membership area.
- Click on the 'Energy Service' tab and click on the link to register your interest in joining an Electricity Buying Group.