Today the government has published its response to Professor Sir Charles Godfray’s independent review of our 25-year strategy to eradicate bovine TB (bTB) in England by 2038.
The government response sets out the key aspects of the next phase of the strategy, including:
- Acceleration of work to develop a deployable cattle bTB vaccine, as part of a wider programme of bTB research.
- Evolving the strategy for preventing spread of TB from wildlife.
- Improving diagnostics, surveillance and epidemiology, to root out the disease.
- Incentivising industry behaviours to prevent the spread of bTB through increased uptake of effective biosecurity measures and management of the risks posed by cattle movements.
- Creating a true partnership across government, industry and stakeholders through more effective governance structures at every level.
More from NFUonline: