A stellar cast of speakers is planned at the BPOA Build Better Business Conference at Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, on October 9.
All sectors of the supply chain will be represented and speaking guests include the retailer perspective from Iain Wylie, Chief Executive at GCA, garden centre chains, NFU legal experts and advisors, trade organisations, experienced negotiators and sector national leaders.
After lunch, this BPOA workshop will continue with three rotating sessions to give you ideas on how to get the outcome from negotiations that you want and are happy with.
- Do you bargain or haggle?
- Do you collaborate, compete or compromise?
- Are you an adversary or a partner?
- Are you a distributive or integrative negotiator?
- Do you prepare for negotiation? Do you negotiate at all?
- Do you use negotiation strategies, because your counterpart will and will have been trained to use them; can you recognise and counter their tactics?
- Do you get commitment from your customer? Do you agree conditions? Can you enforce them?
This is not a training day. It’s an insight day - you will be enlightened and you will come away with ‘golden nuggets’ of information that will enable you to Build Better Business.
There is no charge for this BPOA event, refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Places are limited to 125; please book your place/s with the BPOA office (in the first instance priority will be given to grower members of the BPOA).
If you thought the meeting last October was good, this is planned to be better!