The following is a brief summary as to the current position in relation to the 2016/17 price negotiations with the sole processor in the UK - British Sugar.
- Regular meetings have been held between NFU Sugar and British Sugar regarding the contract for 2016/17
- This is the last price negotiation before the end of quotas on 1 October 2017
- A price has not yet been agreed
- Progress however is being made
- The Negotiating team currently does not see the situation going on for a considerable amount of time
- A date has not been set for a price announcement
All growers will be notified, in due course, when an agreement has been reached.