NFU Sugar at the Cantley factory
NFU Sugar Beet Intake representatives
NFU Sugar represents growers within the centralised tarehouse and at each factory on behalf of all growers though the campaign.
Based onsite at the British Sugar factories they can answer queries regarding sampling procedures and process complaints during the campaign.
Your representatives at Cantley are:
Bogdana Strugariu and Alan Jeary: Tel 01493 700 016
For any general sugar beet enquiry contact the NFU Sugar Helpline on 03700 661 974
Beet Reception Committee
The Beet Reception Committee (BRC) is comprised of NFU Sugar Board members and growers that deliver to the specific factory. Members of the BRC work on behalf of growers on factory matters and can be contacted where required on the following numbers:
Joint Reception Committee Chairman
- Andrew Ross 07889 958008
- Nick Deane 01603 782732
- Alistair Mackenzie 07789 004214
Cantley factory details
- Henry Passmore 07713 312166
- Cantley was the UK's first beet sugar factory.
- The Cantley factory produces over 200,000 tonnes of sugar annually.
- There are 120 employees,180 during the campaign.
- One million tonnes of sugar beet are produced by some 800 UK growers, at an average distance of 50km from the factory.