NFU Sugar at the Newark factory
NFU Sugar Beet Intake representatives
NFU Sugar represents growers within the centralised tarehouse and at each factory on behalf of all growers though the campaign.
Based onsite at the British Sugar factories they can answer queries regarding sampling procedures and process complaints during the campaign.
Your representatives at Newark are:
Ian Foxwell, Geraldine Bruce- Draghi and Paul Baggaley: Tel 01636 706279
For any general sugar beet enquiry contact the NFU Sugar Helpline on 0370 0661974
Beet Reception Committee
The Beet Reception Committee (BRC) is comprised of NFU Sugar Board members and growers that deliver to the specific factory. Members of the BRC work on behalf of growers on factory matters and can be contacted where required on the following numbers:
Joint Reception Committee Chairman
- Graham Liddle 07889667642
- Chris Durdy 01302 868201
- Andrew Baxter 01529 303038
Newark factory details
Agricultural Operations Manager
- James Edwards 07753310779
- The Newark factory produces over 250,000 tonnes of sugar annually.
- There are 130 employees,150 during the campaign.
- 1.5 million tonnes of sugar beet are produced by some 1,200 UK growers, at an average distance of 50km from the factory.