Our State of the Farming Economy briefing provides a snapshot of the current economic situation and an insight into the medium-term prospects for the food and farming sector and why agriculture is important to the national economy.
Download it today: NFU State of the Farming Economy briefing December 2022
What's in the briefing?
This edition includes:
- Updated commodity price analysis and outlook
- The NLW (National Living Wage) will rise to £10.42 from 1 April 2023
- Food and drink exports to both EU and non-EU markets grew significantly in the first half of 2022
- UK food prices are rising at their fastest rate in 42 years
- UK wage growth continues to lag behind the rising cost of living
- Interest rates have risen again and now stand at 3.0%, the biggest jump since 1989
- The UK's unemployment rate remains close to its lowest level in nearly 50 years
- The Bank of England has warned the UK is facing its longest recession since records began