The RPA has published the 2022 cross compliance handbook for England. These rules must be followed by BPS claimants and most agri-environmental scheme claimants.
The changes for 2022 have been summarised below, however, please ensure that you read the full published document.
Who does cross compliance apply to?
Cross compliance are the rules that must be followed by farmers in England, claiming any of the following schemes:
- Basic Payment Scheme (BPS)
- Countryside Stewardship (CS) agreements starting before 1 January 2021. For CS agreements starting on or after 1 January 2021, you must meet the cross compliance rules under the terms and conditions on your agreement.
- Entry Level Stewardship (ELS) including Organic Entry Level Stewardship and Uplands Entry Level Stewardship agreements starting on or after 1 January 2007.
- Higher Level Stewardship (HLS) agreements starting on or after 1 January 2007 (including extension agreements), including Organic Higher Level Stewardship and Uplands Higher Level Stewardship.
- The Farm Woodland Premium element of English Woodland Grant scheme agreements starting on or after 1 January 2007.