Red Tractor has created the character of 'Emma', a mum who prefers to buy British, always has an eye on value for money when shopping for her family, and is keen to find out how Red Tractor can help her and other shoppers like her to buy trusted British food and drink that is safe, affordable and of high quality.
Red Tractor is asking NFU members to get behind the campaign and help share the online and social media content they've created, which includes:
- A video where Emma visits a chicken farm to speak to a farmer about his work, what he must do in order to meet Red Tractor assurance and what goes into the welfare of his birds every day.
- A video where Emma speaks to Professor Guy Poppy, a food safety expert, about what sets British chicken standards apart from the rest of the world, what chlorinated chicken means and the different Red Tractor chicken logos.
How is the campaign being promoted?
The 'Emma' content is part of a wider Love Chicken, Love Red Tractor campaign. As well as Emma's video diaries, the campaign covers:
- What Red Tractor does
- Who Emma is
- What makes British chicken standards world leading
- The different Red Tractor logos
- Why this all matters for consumers
How else can I get involved?
To lend your support you can:
You may also be interested in:
- Turkey producers - are you listed on our Turkey Finder?
- NFU Turkey Shop: Order your merchandise now
- Insights from the NFU's 2020 Turkey Marketing Meeting
- NFU seeks evidence for alternative quarantine arrangements for seasonal poultry workers
- COVID-19: What are the impacts on poultry processing facilities?
- The NFU's latest Poultry Highlights newsletter
More from NFUonline:
- Food standards: Minette Batters makes the issues clear in The Times and Mail on Sunday
- NFU complaint to BBC on impartiality breach upheld
- NFU President meets PM Boris Johnson to stress need for action on food and farming standards
- NFU report calls for future policies to reward farmers for maintaining and improving landscapes
- NFU Live: Events from the NFU this autumn
- Watch now: Your weekly video update from the President