Red Tractor has launched its new 2021 marketing campaign, led by an animated TV advert that hit the nation's screens on 22 March.
It has secured prime-time TV slots, with the advert airing in breaks of some of the UK’s most-loved shows on our favourite channels, with the aim of increasing consumer understanding of Red Tractor assurance.
Watch and share Red Tractor's new advert - which aims to influence shopping habits - on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter:
For peace of mind about what goes on your table, when you shop, just look for the Red Tractor label ?? https://t.co/aZq8js0mAJ— National Farmers' Union (@NFUtweets) March 22, 2021
The advert will run through the Easter break and the first May bank holiday. Prime-time slots include ITV’s Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway and The Chase.
It will also run on on-demand programming, as Red Tractor aims to capitalise on the increased uptake of online streaming services. Anyone who is watching a programme on ITV Hub on a Monday or Saturday will see the new advert.
The campaign will also be supported on Red Tractor partners' digital and social media channels to spread the message as far as possible.
What will the advert achieve?
The main goal of the advert is to continue to increase shopper awareness and understanding of the Red Tractor logo. In turn this should increase consumer loyalty towards the scheme. It helps to show that Red Tractor-labelled food is traceable, safe and farmed with care.
The campaign showcases different farming sectors, demonstrating to consumers that the assurance scheme covers a wide variety of products.
Crucially, Red Tractor remains a low-cost and high-value assurance scheme for members. Every penny of income is reinvested into protecting food and farming standards, developing sales and growing farming businesses.
Latest Red Tractor successes include:
- 76% of shoppers are now aware of the logo, seeing it as an independent source. This equates to 15.5 million shoppers.
- Last year 37 million people saw the Red Tractor TV advert. This year, Red Tractor anticipates it will be seen by 45 million people.
- Last year the advert was seen by shoppers an average of six times; this year, they should see it an average of nine times.
- 71% of shoppers say their shopping behaviour is positively influenced by seeing the logo.
- 43% of shoppers would trade up from a less-expensive product to one with a red tractor logo.
Get behind the campaign
Help spread the message about what Red Tractor stands for by sharing the TV advert on Facebook or Instagram, or by retweeting it to ensure it gets seen by as many shoppers as possible.
More from NFUonline:
- Help Red Tractor set the record straight on British beef and lamb
- Red Tractor consultation response: Read our eight principles for developing standards