The NFU forums are member-led groups that help to steer NFU policy. Each forum comprises members appointed by each regional board, who act as a representative voice for their region in bringing issues which concern their sector nationally to the fore. This is your chance to make a difference and help drive the direction of the NFU.
Members occasionally appear in the media and take part in elements of the NFU’s work that can make a big difference to the sector. Forum meetings take place four times per year and represent the Organics, Uplands and Next Generation areas of the NFU's work.
Why represent your sector?
• Raise forum issues on behalf of members
• Represent the forum at external events
• Report back to regional boards on matters that arise in the forum
• Spread the NFU’s messages to members
• Read papers that are relevant to the work of the forum and provide feedback and guidance as required
• Be contactable via email for purposes of communication
• Respond to requests for information from NFU staff
• Respect the confidentiality of the forum
How to apply:
If you think you may be interested in applying to represent your sector, please contact your county adviser or regional NFU office to request more information or an application form.
Application forms will consist of a 200-word personal statement outlining your involvement in your sector and your motivation for joining the forum. Deadlines for applications will vary per region, please contact your regional office for more details.