On Monday 12 October, MPs will get a second chance to vote on the Agriculture Bill as they consider the amendments that the House of Lords made to the Bill to ensure agricultural and food imports to meet domestic standards and to strengthen the role of the new Trade and Agriculture Commission,
We appreciate that members have contacted their MPs on this subject a lot over recent months, but as the Agriculture Bill gets closer to becoming law, it is crucial that we get the trade and standards aspect right.
Don’t miss this opportunity to make the case to MPs that they need to strengthen their role in scrutinising future deals.
How can I email my MP?
We’ve created a simple online tool that will help you email your MP on this issue.
Click here to fill in your details and a pre-prepared letter to your MP will appear, explaining why it’s important for them to support the Lord Curry amendment.
More from NFUonline:
- Lords vote for Agriculture Bill amendment in favour of trade deal scrutiny
- NFU Live: Events from the NFU this autumn
- Watch now: Your weekly video update from the President
More of the NFU's work on food and farming standards:
- Our food standards campaign: The journey so far
- NFU media coverage on food standards and trade
- NFU representing farming as member of Trade and Agriculture Commission
- NFU food standards petition hits one million signatures
- What happened on Back British Farming Day?
- Download our Back British Farming Day report: British Farming: Setting the standard