We believe farmers and growers hold the power to make a massive contribution to combat climate warming. In uncertain times, we want farmers and growers to be more confident than ever before in building sustainable and resilient farming businesses.
See below for links to guidance to help you get started, which we will update regularly.
Here are some simple steps if you're not sure where to start:
- The NFU’s Farm Status Indicator is a quick introduction to finding out what measures you can take on farm.
- Take a look at the NFU’s Carbon Calculator Review. The first step on a net zero journey is to assess the likely emissions sources on farm as well as considering on farm carbon sequestration.
- Championing the Farmed Environment (CFE) has Net Zero Action pages with advice to help you started with net zero on your farm.
- NFU Energy offer guidance and services to support farm businesses manage their energy use and supply. Read their guide on solar energy.
- NFU partner Tried & Tested provides tools and resources which are designed to assist in improving farm nutrient management, an important tool in reducing emissions.
The NFU has published 26 examples of how farmers are working towards net zero on their farms, showing how other farmers can make changes to their businesses to help achieve the NFU’s 2040 net zero ambition.
Looking for information to help set the record straight on agriculture and climate change?
- Find answers to those frequently asked questions on net zero here.
- Our Rethinking Ruminants Member Toolkit is full of facts, infographics and top tips for communicating key, and sometimes complex messages, surrounding British livestock and dairy production, and climate change.
- Net zero myth-busting: Ceris Jones cuts through some of the confusion (Farmers Guardian website).
- If you need help on social media or taking videos to share on social media then get some top tips here.
- Share our infographics for the dairy and livestock sectors - showcase you sector.
Are you ready to get started?
Add your farm to our net zero pledge map here, which showcases all the positive actions members are taking towards net zero in agriculture.
The more members who come together to make a pledge for net zero, the bigger change we can make. Each and every action counts.