“It’s critical that the government continues to consult with British farmers on its 25-year bovine TB eradication strategy and I’m pleased that the NFU has been invited onto this group.
“The impact of bovine TB on farming families across the country is enormous with thousands of farms experiencing the emotional, mental and financial strain it places on families and businesses. That's why I’m pleased that there are several farmers on the group who have first-hand experience of the impacts of this terrible disease.
“With the government currently consulting on the future direction of its strategy, it is important that the progress made to date in reducing bovine TB on farm is recognised. The strategy must remain focused on effective measures that can ultimately deliver a TB free England.”
The NFU has two representatives on the group:
- Deputy President Stuart Roberts
- Head of TB Delivery Tom Rabbetts
You can read more about the Bovine TB Partnership on the gov.uk website.
More from NFUonline:
- Bovine TB: New government information on the Edge Area
- NFU bTB Lobbying Toolkit: Contact your MP on the impact of bovine TB
- New data shows bTB strategy is having an impact?