Currently regional NFU staff and members are assessing the scale of the impact caused by the recent flooding events. We have had a very limited number of calls from farmers for fodder aid.
- Farm Community Network – 03000 111 999
- RABI - 08082 819 490
- Addington Fund – 01926 620 135 (particularly regarding transport of livestock or haulage)
- Forage Aid – 07967 219 991
We envisage that if the weekend’s weather causes greater flooding then the requirement for aid will increase, however at the moment we are still urging members in the region to let the NFU know if aid is required.
It is also anticipated that help will be required in the long-term to assist with the clear-up operation due to the scale of debris deposited on farmers’ fields. However, currently we do not know where and how much assistance is needed; and members in other regions of the country are urged to wait until more information is known.
NFU staff in the North East and North West are carefully monitoring the situation and the impact of flooding on farming in those regions. Where necessary advice and support is being offered. If and when assistance is needed from the wider farming community and the general public, details will be posted on this page - keep checking here for updates.
If you'd like to make a donation...
- The Farm Community Network’s volunteers provide practical and emotional support to farmers and farming families affected by severe flooding and, in the longer term, will also be able to help stand alongside people needing business support. Donate here.
- The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution can support farming families in the North East and West and elsewhere in England and Wales by giving grants from its Emergency Fund to meet the domestic costs of badly affected farmers with no savings to fall back on. Donate here.
- The Addington Fund can support farming businesses by making a contribution towards haulage costs so there is no hold up in getting vital supplies through. Donate here.
- Forage Aid. They are collating offers of help on their database/system. They can be contacted on 07967 219 991 or you can donate here.
If you are an NFU member and you are affected by the floods our team of advisers are here to help. Contact the NFU CallFirst team on 0870 845 8458.
- NFU welcomes support package
- Cumbria Flooding: Debris washed onto farmland
- Latest farm update from the North West
- Flooding in North West England - update
- In your region: Our North West pages
- Flood victims get RABI fast track
- Help for devastated flood-hit communities
NFU advice for farmers:
- Red diesel and driver hour rules
- Guidance on slurry handling
- NE support to farmers affected by flooding
- Fallen stock advice during severe weather
- Flooding: Natural England Support to Farmers Affected by Flooding
- Call for pragmatism after the storm
- NFUonline key topic: Our flooding pages
- The NFU Adverse Weather, Water and Flooding Toolbox - links to the latest updates
- Our survey says: Weather volatility threatens British food production
- NFUonline key topic: Our climate change and weather pages
- Insured with NFU Mutual? Guidance and phone numbers