Slaughter licencing: the application process


If you are slaughtering your own animals for consumption by people other than those in your household, you will need an appropriate qualification such as a WATOK licence or Certificate of Competence (CoC).

The first part of this guide focuses on the WATOK licence and CoC, and the second part discusses the licence requirement for slaughtering poultry under the small-scale producer exemption.