The NFU's monthly Brexit Update newsletter covers the latest political developments, the implications for NFU members and the work the NFU is doing on members' behalf.
In this edition:
- Challenging the Secretary of State on trade policy
- NFU responds to Agriculture Bill 2020
- NFU leads a coalition setting out trade priorities to Prime Minister
- NFU publishes a member exclusive toolbox to 'Navigating the Brexit Deal'
Key developments - view from the UK
- Landslide election result for Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party
- President Trump “Massive new trade deal after Brexit”
- Department for Exiting the European Union to be replaced by 'Taskforce Europe'
- Queen’s Speech – including a Brexit focus
- EU Withdrawal Agreement Bill receives Royal Assent
- Agriculture Bill introduced
- Migration Advisory Committee (MAC) report on future immigration policy
Key developments - view from the EU
- EU leaders focus on the work ahead
- 'Old friends, new beginnings: Building another future for the EU-UK partnership'
- Not one but three negotiations with the EU lie ahead
- European Commission publishes negotiation mandate 'slides'