The range of social media platforms available offer you great opportunities to tell your farming story to the world. On this page we show you where you can find the NFU on social media and how you can show your support and help to champion your industry.
Tag us in to your posts and we'll retweet and promote what you do!
Key NFU social media accounts:
LinkedIn: NFU (National Farmers' Union)
Youtube: National Farmers' Union
How you can use social media to influence people
- Post images - the British countryside is a beautiful canvas
- Shoot videos and share them - your experiences are stories that need to be told
- Tag your MP and politicians - make your voice heard in the corridors of power
- Share facts and stats - if you're proud of our industry, tell people what it achieves
- Use hashtags - they're a great way to make your voice heard
- Post more stories - a fun way of sharing the behind the scenes action on your farm. You can even do it on Twitter too with their brand new 'disappearing tweets' feature!
Watch our quick guide to recording a selfie video:
What to think about when you're shooting video with your phone
- Ideally, ask someone else to film you
- Don't stand too close to the camera
- Make sure you fill the screen
- Don't move the camera too fast
- Beware of background noise
- Avoid windy locations
- Make sure you're in good light
Want to remember all these tips on the go? You can download and print a handy tips sheet here
Why not try a 360 degree video?
The website storyspheres.com will let you add audio to a scene to create a fully interactive experience.