Eligible NFU members can get a discount on the Absolute Excel VAT Filer.
The Absolute Excel VAT Filer is bridging software that allows you to submit your VAT data in the correct digital format to HMRC. It is easy to use and doesn’t require you to buy a new bookkeeping package, saving you time and money by not having to learn a new accounting system.
The Excel VAT Filer works with standalone spreadsheets or spreadsheets exported from non-Making Tax Digital (MTD) accounting packages.
The software is recognised by HMRC as MTD compatible software and comes with free online technical support from the Absolute team.
Changes to Making Tax Digital
HMRC’s MTD plan came into effect in 2019 and requires all VAT registered businesses with a turnover above the VAT threshold (£85,000) to file their VAT returns digitally. However, from April 2022, the scope of MTD is being widened to include VAT registered businesses with a turnover below the VAT threshold.
Furthermore, HMRC will be implementing MTD for Income Tax from April 2023. From this date, self-employed businesses and landlords with annual business or property income above £10,000 will have to file their income tax returns using MTD compatible software.
Absolute’s Excel VAT Filer already helps nearly 14,000 users, including several hundred NFU members, to file their VAT returns digitally. In total, our users have filed approximately 350,000 VAT returns since the start of MTD. The company is also in the process of developing an Income Tax Self Assessment Filer (ITSAfiler), which will enable the self-employed and landlords to file their self-assessment tax returns digitally.
Since its launch in 2018, Absolute has updated the Excel VAT Filer software to make it even easier to use. The updates include a Knowledge Base facility, which lets you fix VAT returns rejected by HMRC. There is also a new client portal that:
- lets you check current and previously filed VAT returns; allows you to reprint successful submissions;
- keeps you up to date with your licences and their expiry dates;
- has many more features to help make filing VAT returns as easy as possible.
Further information on how the Absolute Excel VAT Filer can help you can be found here and there is a video below showing how the software works. PLEASE NOTE: Microsoft Excel 2010 or newer, MAC OS Mojave or newer, or Excel for MAX 2016 or newer is required to run this software.
What is the discount?
- Existing NFU members can renew the Excel VAT Filer now from as little as £20 + VAT per year, a 50% discount off the normal price
- New NFU members to Absolute can buy the Excel VAT Filer now for just £30 + VAT per year, a 25% discount off the normal price
How do I get the discount?
- Call NFU CallFirst on 0370 845 8458 and register your interest
- The NFU will pass eligible NFU members' details to Absolute accounting to process order
- Absolute Accounting will contact eligible members to fulfil their order