David ExwoodNFU Vice President
David believes that the future of farming isn't about managed decline and dependence on environmental payments, it's about creating new opportunities for profitable food production alongside net zero and biodiversity.
He is a first generation beef, sheep and arable farmer over 1000 tenanted hectares and a thriving farm shop. He understands the agriculture industry from all sides.
His wide experience both in Parliament and the media means he is well placed to represent agriculture outside our industry.
He has worked at the heart of the NFU as a Regional Chair and on Governance Board and understands the NFU and how it can help farming businesses at a time when the demands on farmers and the NFU are going to be greater than ever.
- Plant health
- Competitiveness and productivity
- BPS Transition (NELMs/BPS)
- Regulation review and enforcement
- Planning, housing, rural development
- Agricultural transport
- Agriculture supply chain relations
- Infrastructure (HS2, Roads etc)
- Rural broadband and mobile communications
- Health, safety and wellbeing
- Rural crime