David ExwoodNFU Vice President
David believes that the future of farming isn't about managed decline and dependence on environmental payments, it's about creating new opportunities for profitable food production alongside net zero and biodiversity.
David farms south of Horsham in West Sussex with his wife and two sons over 1200 tenanted hectares in the heart of the Sussex Weald.
Starting in 1989 with 70ha the business now has arable, dairy beef, Sussex suckler herd and sheep enterprises. In 2003 the Farm Shop opened and sells a wide range of food from the Victorian stable yard at Westons.
He has served previously within the NFU as Branch Chair, West Sussex Council Delegate, South East Regional Chair as well as four years on Governance Board.
David was elected to the position of NFU Vice President in February 2022.
- Plant health
- Competitiveness and productivity
- BPS Transition (NELMs/BPS)
- Regulation review and enforcement
- Planning, housing, rural development
- Agricultural transport
- Agriculture supply chain relations
- Infrastructure (HS2, Roads etc)
- Rural broadband and mobile communications
- Health, safety and wellbeing
- Rural crime