There are over 240 farms on our Turkey Finder, which includes an interactive map to make it even easier for shoppers to locate their nearest producers.
The NFU’s #BuyMyTurkey campaign promote our 4 key messages:
- Use the NFU Turkey Finder to buy a local turkey directly from the farm gate.
- Ask your butcher if they are selling British turkeys.
- Look out for the Red Tractor logo if buying from a supermarket
- Buying a whole bird instead of a crown is better value for money.
How to get involved
You can get involved by:
In previous years the campaign has been hugely successful in promoting buying local and British turkeys for Christmas. Last year, the campaign reached more than 100,000 people online.
- Don't forget to use our #BuyMyTurkey hashtag and tag the NFU's social media pages in your posts.
- Share the link to the NFU Turkey Finder link: countrysideonline.co.uk/turkey-finder
- Engage your audience with questions like "Where are you buying your Christmas turkey?" or share insights about keeping turkeys happy and healthy.
- Add some fun to your posts by using emojis relevant to #BuyMyTurkey. Some of the emojis you might want to use include the turkey, the British or Welsh flag, the Christmas tree emoji, or the dinner plate.
- Capture attention with eye-catching images or videos of your turkeys and farms looking their best.