Dealing with traveller encampments on your land

11 August 2021

Rural crime
An image of a gateway into a field

The NFU has been made aware that there have been situations where members have been approached for money in order to get encampments of travellers to leave their land.

If this happens to you, you can seek advice by calling CallFirst on 0370 845 8458. The specialists will help you understand your legal position. The NFU offers an Illegal Encampment Service that includes details of bailiffs who can assist in relevant circumstances.


Ask us a question about this page

Once you have submitted your query our NFU CallFirst will contact you and, if appropriate, your question will be passed on to one of our policy teams.

By completing the form with your details on this page, you are agreeing to have this information sent to the NFU for the purposes of contacting you regarding your enquiry. Please take time to read the NFU’s Privacy Policy if you require further information.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.