Seven events will take place between late January and early February. Sessions run from 9.30am to 12.45pm, including a coffee break, and followed by a free lunch.
This year’s events include two guest speaker slots. The first will be a farmer covering their journey to new farming practices, and the second will be an expert discussing current market volatility and its implications for farm businesses.
The events will include some of the traditional presentations including water quality updates from a water company, the NFU’s Richard Wordsworth chronicling where we are with the agricultural transition plan, catchment sensitive farming and FWAG updating on current agri-environment schemes, and the Environment Agency with the latest on the farming rules for water and building resilience to flood and drought.
The full list of events is:
- The Farmschool, Annables Farm, Hertfordshire – Friday 20 January
- Wortwell Community Centre, Norfolk – Tuesday 24 January
- Dereham Football Club, Norfolk – Wednesday 25 January
- The Forest Centre, Marston Moretaine, Bedfordshire – Tuesday 31 January
- Writtle Agricultural College, Essex – Thursday 2 February
- Wilbraham Village Hall, Cambridgeshire – Wednesday 1 February
- Lavenham Village Hall, Suffolk – Thursday 9 February
Look out for the finalised list of speakers by venue in the NFU’s weekly email newsletter. This will also include an Eventbrite booking link, or to book your place now you can call CLA East on 01638 590429 or email [email protected].