Glyphosate is authorised for use in more than 150 countries around the world.
Regulatory bodies across the globe have studied the scientific evidence on glyphosate and concluded that it is unlikely to pose a human health risk when used correctly. Below are links to a number of the most recent regulatory reports, and other independent reviews, that have said that glyphosate is safe to use.
- World Health Organisation/Food & Agriculture Organisation of the UN
- European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
- Environmental Protection Agency United States
- Pest Management Regulatory Agency Canada
- Environmental Protection Authority New Zealand
- Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority Australia
- BfR – German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment
- A review of the carcinogenic potential of glyphosate by four independent expert panels and comparison to the IARC assessment – Critical Reviews in Toxicology [Sept 2016]