Reminder: How to access professional rodenticides

Two  rats isolated on white background

The UK Rodenticide Stewardship Scheme run by the Campaign for Responsible Rodenticide Use (CRRU) was set up in 2015 to assure the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the UK government body responsible for the regulation of rodenticides, that rodenticides can continue to be used safely.

Under the scheme only those who are able to show they are sufficiently competent in the use of professional rodenticides can now purchase and use them. This only applies to rodenticide products applied outside buildings and does not involve rodenticides restricted to use indoors or fumigant gases.

There are two options for farmers wishing to purchase and use professional rodenticide products themselves:

  1. Be a member of a CRRU approved farm assurance scheme
  2. Obtain a certificate through undertaking a CRRU UK approved training course

    This briefing will take you through the process required to access professional rodenticides and includes:

    • Farm assurance schemes approved by CRRU
    • How to check if you already have a valid certificate from previous training
    • The current training options available
    • Information on Continued Professional Development (CPD) and refreshing your training
    • And what to expect at point of sale

    More from NFUonline:

    NFU App promotion_75139