Using telescopic material handlers on farm and roads

Health and Safety

If you are using a telescopic handler, or any sort of rider operated lift truck, on your farm or on the road then you need to ensure you are meeting your obligations for driving that particular type of vehicle.

LOLER (the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998) and PUWER (the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998) cover the health and safety considerations when using material handlers.