Bupa health insurance for NFU members
At the NFU, we understand that when you get ill or injured, what matters the most is getting back on your feet and back on the farm as quickly as possible. That’s why we’ve partnered with Bupa. They offer 20% off* Bupa By You health insurance for all NFU Farmer & Grower members. Terms and conditions apply.
Bupa health insurance provides the reassurance of cover from diagnosis through to eligible treatment for eligible conditions covered by your policy. It’s designed to complement the NHS rather than replace it and it’s used for planned, not emergency, treatment.
More than just health insurance
Bupa offer you all of this and more.
- Faster access to the help you need – from reassuring advice the moment you need it to fast access to treatment, Bupa act quickly so you can move forward faster. For certain conditions, such as muscle, bone or joint problems, mental health, cancer or cataracts, you can speak straight to a specialist, usually without waiting to see a GP first†.
- Bupa Instant GP, the new GP surgery – as part of the Bupa health insurance offer for NFU members, you’ll also get free access to this app^ which takes the hassle out of seeing a doctor. Book live video or telephone appointments with a GP at a time and date that suits you.
- Breakthrough cancer drugs and treatment – with Bupa’s full cancer cover, you’ll have access to any cancer drug in the UK that’s licensed for your condition, even if it isn’t NICE approved or available on the NHS**.
- Cover for almost all mental health conditions – everyone’s mental health is different, which is why Bupa cover almost all mental health conditions to make sure they’re ready for what you’re facing.
- An extensive network of hospitals and consultants – choose whether you’d like to be treated close to where you’re located, or in a hospital recognised for its expertise in treating certain conditions.
- Flexibility and choice – it’s your health insurance, which is why Bupa put you in control and give you the choice of two levels of cover – Comprehensive or Treatment and Care – which you can adapt to help build the most suitable cover for you.
Call NFU CallFirst on 0370 845 8458 to find out how to use your discount.
*Applies to eligible NFU Farmer & Grower members on quotes for new Bupa By You policies. Discounts will be reviewed on 1 September 2020 and any changes will then apply to renewals and new quotes taken out after that date. Quotes are valid for 14 days. Terms and conditions apply.
†Direct Access telephone services are available as long as the symptoms are covered under the policy. If your cover excludes conditions you had before your policy started, Bupa will ask you to provide evidence from your GP that your symptoms are not pre-existing for a period of up to two years from policy start date (or five years in the case of mental health) before they can refer you to a consultant or therapist through the Direct Access service. For rolling moratorium underwritten members Bupa will ask for evidence each time you claim for a condition not claimed for before. Always call Bupa first to check your eligibility.
^The app is free to download and Instant GP consultations are free for NFU Bupa Affinity Scheme members with the use of a promotional code. If you are not a member of the NFU Bupa Affinity Scheme or you leave the scheme, you have the option to book a one-off Instant GP appointment for £25 or subscribe to get unlimited appointments for £50 a year.
**Applies to eligible breakthrough cancer drugs and treatments that are covered by your policy, often before they are available on the NHS or approved by NICE as long as they are evidence-based.
Bupa Instant GP is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation authority.
The National Farmers’ Union of England and Wales (NFU) introduces Bupa health insurance. Bupa health insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.