Bupa health insurance for NFU members
At the NFU we understand that if you get ill or injured, what matters most is getting you back on your feet as quickly as possible. That’s why we’re working with Bupa who offer NFU Farmer & Grower members 20%* off Bupa By You health insurance.
Get two months’ free Bupa health insurance**
Get a new Bupa By You health insurance quote between 7 January and 31 March 2019, go ahead with your quote and you’ll pay nothing in months 11 and 12 of the first year of cover. T&Cs apply.
Whether it’s getting the help you need faster, or for cancer care that helps get you there, Bupa are proud to give you nothing less than health expertise. Bupa health insurance provides the reassurance of cover from diagnosis through to treatment for eligible conditions covered by your policy. It’s designed to complement the NHS rather than replace it and it’s used for planned, not emergency, treatment.
Here’s why we think you’ll value Bupa health insurance:
- For getting the help you need faster – from reassuring advice the moment you need it to fast access to treatment, Bupa act quickly so you can move forward faster. For certain conditions, such as muscle, bone or joint problems, mental health, cancer or cataracts, you can speak straight to a specialist, usually without waiting to see a GP† first.
- For the reassurance of a GP when you need it – as part of the Bupa health insurance offer for NFU members, you’ll also get free access to Bupa Instant GP^, an app which takes the hassle out of seeing a doctor by allowing you to book live video or telephone appointment with a GP at a time and date that suits you.
- For cancer care that helps get you there – if you are ever diagnosed with cancer, Bupa will look after you for as long as you have Bupa health insurance and you’ll have access to breakthrough cancer drugs and treatment.
- For access to an extensive network of hospitals and consultants – choose whether you’d like to be treated close to where you’re located, or in a hospital recognised for its expertise in treating certain conditions.
- For more than just health insurance – Bupa don’t just insure, they care. As well as funding diagnosis and treatment, they employ experts in health who will be able to support you when you need it and help you make informed decisions that are right for you.
- For flexibility and choice – it’s your health insurance, which is why Bupa put you in control and give you the choice of two levels of cover – Comprehensive or Treatment and Care – which you can adapt to help build the most suitable cover for you.
For back up when you need it, phone NFU CallFirst on 0370 845 8458 to find out how to use your discount.
**Two months’ free terms and conditions
- In addition to these terms and conditions, the terms set out in Bupa’s Bupa By You Policy Benefits and Terms guide and your membership certificate will apply to your policy.
- This offer is available to UK residents aged 18 and over who purchase a new consumer Bupa By You health insurance policy either:
- directly from Bupa
- from Bupa through an intermediary
- The offer is not available on any other Bupa products or services. The offer is not available to customers switching from a Bupa company health insurance policy, switching from another provider’s health insurance scheme or for existing members transferring from a different health insurance policy, unless the customer is re-underwritten onto a new Bupa By You policy.
- This offer is available for new Bupa By You health insurance policies for which a quote is provided between 7th January 2019 and 31st March 2019 on a full underwriting or moratorium basis. Quotes are valid for 14 days and your policy start date must be on or before 31 March 2019.
- The two free months of cover will be applied to months eleven and twelve of the first year of your new Bupa By You policy. If you pay for the first year of subscriptions upfront, you will be charged for 10 months’ subscriptions. Please note this offer will not apply in any subsequent years.
- Bupa reserves the right to decline to offer a health insurance policy in its absolute discretion, and Bupa’s decision regarding any aspect of this promotion is final.
- This offer is not available in conjunction with any other promotion or offer except the family and couples saving, and discounts associated with one of our partners. A full list of our partners can be found at www.bupa.co.uk/affinity-partners or by calling 0808 256 4840. Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 12.30pm on Saturday. We may record or monitor our calls.
- Bupa reserves the right to cancel, amend or withdraw the promotion at any time.
- The offer has no cash value or alternative and the discount is non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
- Bupa will use your personal information in accordance with its privacy notice which can be found at bupa.co.uk/privacy.
- This promotion is governed by English law.
- Bupa health insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Registered in England and Wales No. 3956433. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales No. 382985. Registered office: 1 Angel Court, London EC2R 7HJ
*Applies to eligible NFU Farmer & Grower members on quotes for new Bupa By You policies. Discounts will be reviewed on 1 September 2019 and any changes will then apply to renewals and new quotes taken out after that date. Quotes are valid for 14 days. Terms and conditions apply.
†Direct Access telephone services are available as long as the symptoms are covered under the policy. If your cover excludes conditions you had before your policy started, Bupa will ask you to provide evidence from your GP that your symptoms are not pre-existing for a period of up to two years from policy start date (or five years in the case of mental health) before they can refer you to a consultant or therapist through the Direct Access service. For rolling moratorium underwritten members Bupa will ask for evidence each time you claim for a condition not claimed for before. Always call Bupa first to check your eligibility.
^The app is free to download and Instant GP consultations are free for NFU Bupa Affinity Scheme members with the use of a promotional code. If you are not a member of the NFU Bupa Affinity Scheme or you leave the scheme, you have the option to book a one-off Instant GP appointment for £25 or subscribe to get unlimited appointments for £50 a year.
Bupa Instant GP is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The National Farmers’ Union of England and Wales (NFU) introduces Bupa health insurance. Bupa health insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.