Bupa health insurance for NFU members
At the NFU we understand that if you get ill or injured, what matters most is getting you back on your feet as quickly as possible. That’s why we’re working with Bupa who offer NFU Farmer & Grower members 20%* off Bupa By You health insurance. Terms and conditions apply.
Whether it’s getting the help you need faster, or for cancer care that helps get you there, Bupa are proud to give you nothing less than health expertise. Bupa health insurance provides the reassurance of cover from diagnosis through to treatment for eligible conditions covered by your policy. It’s designed to complement the NHS rather than replace it and it’s used for planned, not emergency, treatment.
Here’s why we think you’ll value Bupa health insurance:
- For getting the help you need faster – from reassuring advice the moment you need it to fast access to treatment, Bupa act quickly so you can move forward faster. For certain conditions, such as muscle, bone or joint problems, mental health, cancer or cataracts, you can speak straight to a specialist, usually without waiting to see a GP† first.
- For the reassurance of a GP when you need it – as part of the Bupa health insurance offer for NFU members, you’ll also get free access to Bupa Instant GP^, an app which takes the hassle out of seeing a doctor by allowing you to book live video or telephone appointment with a GP at a time and date that suits you.
- For cancer care that helps get you there – if you are ever diagnosed with cancer, Bupa will look after you for as long as you have Bupa health insurance and you’ll have access to breakthrough cancer drugs and treatment.
- For access to an extensive network of hospitals and consultants – choose whether you’d like to be treated close to where you’re located, or in a hospital recognised for its expertise in treating certain conditions.
- For more than just health insurance – Bupa don’t just insure, they care. As well as funding diagnosis and treatment, they employ experts in health who will be able to support you when you need it and help you make informed decisions that are right for you.
- For flexibility and choice – it’s your health insurance, which is why Bupa put you in control and give you the choice of two levels of cover – Comprehensive or Treatment and Care – which you can adapt to help build the most suitable cover for you.
For back up when you need it, phone NFU CallFirst on 0370 845 8458 to find out how to use your discount.
*Applies to eligible NFU Farmer & Grower members on quotes for new Bupa By You policies. Discounts will be reviewed on 1 September 2019 and any changes will then apply to renewals and new quotes taken out after that date. Quotes are valid for 14 days. Terms and conditions apply.
†Direct Access telephone services are available as long as the symptoms are covered under the policy. If your cover excludes conditions you had before your policy started, Bupa will ask you to provide evidence from your GP that your symptoms are not pre-existing for a period of up to two years from policy start date (or five years in the case of mental health) before they can refer you to a consultant or therapist through the Direct Access service. For rolling moratorium underwritten members Bupa will ask for evidence each time you claim for a condition not claimed for before. Always call Bupa first to check your eligibility.
^The app is free to download and Instant GP consultations are free for NFU Bupa Affinity Scheme members with the use of a promotional code. If you are not a member of the NFU Bupa Affinity Scheme or you leave the scheme, you have the option to book a one-off Instant GP appointment for £25 or subscribe to get unlimited appointments for £50 a year.
Bupa Instant GP is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Bupa health insurance is provided by Bupa Insurance Limited. Bupa Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Arranged and administered by Bupa Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The National Farmers’ Union of England and Wales (NFU) is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Bupa Insurance Services Limited.