Working for you
Political representation at European, national and local level. We’re fighting for you where it counts!
The NFU in Westminster:
- The NFU's Government and Parliamentary Affairs operation represents and promotes the views of the
- NFU in London to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Monitoring political developments which affect the farming and growing industries.
- Influencing the political agenda through meetings, briefings and legislative amendments.
- Lobbying Parliament in line with the NFU's communications strategy.
- Visit our Westminster pages on NFUonline here.
The NFU in Brussels:
- Identifying European proposals that will impact on UK agriculture years before they become law and shaping them for the benefit of our members.
- Working closely with high level contacts in the European Commission. EU governments, think tanks and other stakeholder groups.
- Advising UK MEPs how to amend EU policy to support British agriculture.
- The NFU is an influential member of Copa, the European farmers' organisation, which represents over 13 million European farmers.
- Visit our Brussels pages on NFUonline here.
- NFU Cymru is working to secure a better future for Welsh farmers and the wider rural community.
- NFU Cymru Welsh Council has sole and total independent responsibility for the development of agricultural and rural policy in Wales.
- Working with politicians and officials at the National Assembly of Wales, the government in London and the European Union in Brussels in order that members' interests are advanced on a whole range of issues.
- Visit the NFU Cymru website here.