NFU President Minette Batters calls on members to have their say on the biggest farming consultation since 1947.
You only have until 8 May to respond to the Defra Health and Harmony command paper - our easy online form is the quickest way to get your opinion across to government.
In this video, Minette addresses NFU members with a call to action, saying: "It's phenomenally important that each and every one of you gets involved in this once in a lifetime opportunity to be shaping our future."
Here's how you can respond to the consultation:
Before responding, read our guidance on how to structure your response (you will be asked to log in).
Responding directly via the government’s Citizen Space:
- This involves completing a web-based questionnaire here.
- You do not have to reply to all of the questions that are posed.
- You may wish to read through the command paper alongside the NFU’s summary before selecting which questions to respond to.
Responding via email to Defra - YWdyaWN1bHR1cmVjb25zdWx0YXRpb25AZGVmcmEuZ3NpLmdvdi51aw==
- Members wishing to do this option should either address the specific questions set out in the command paper, or provide more general views and feedback.
- The NFU suggests sticking to the themes and areas of questioning in the command paper. This will make it easier for Defra to collate the feedback. More guidance can be found here.