Farming Recovery Fund opens for applications

flooded farmland, farmgate

Farmers affected by the recent flooding in the North of England can apply for up to £20,000 of government money to help restore damaged agricultural land.

The Farming Recovery Fund provides money to help farmers in Cumbria, Northumberland and North Lancashire. It covers damage from the flooding which took place between December 4 and Decmber 9, 2015.

The minimum grant available is £500 and the maximum £20,000. Applications can be accepted from Friday 18 December 2015 to Friday 18 March 2016.

The RPA will let farmers know whether their application has been successful. They will try to do this within ten working days of receiving a complete application form.

Reacting to today’s announcement, NFU North West Regional Director David Hall said: “We are putting extra resource into the NFU’s Cumbrian office with the appointment of a third county adviser. Any farmers who require assistance applying for the Farming Recovery Fund are more than welcome to contact us on 01695 554900.”

What can I get funding for and how do I apply?

The money will go towards the costs of restoring their agricultural land to the state it was in before the flooding took place. As part of their application, farmers must explain which activities they want funding for and how much the activities will cost.


Last edited on: 18:12:2015

Share this story:

NFU members: Have your say

Want to share your views? You must be logged in to comment – please login here. Not a member? Join us here.

  • Posted by: David PalmerPosted on: 22/12/2015 10:53:00

    Comment: I would like to contribute £100 to farming flood relief. Please give me an address to which i can send the cheque.

  • © 2019 - NFU Online