As of January 2008, anyone transporting livestock or poultry in connection with economic activity and over 65km will need to hold a Certificate of Competence to conform to GB rules on animal welfare.
- This allows transportation of animals on domestic journeys under eight hours within the UK
- The price includes the workshop, test, notification of your results and the Certificate of Competence
- Passing the test will ensure you comply with GB rules on animal welfare
What does it cost?
- NFU Farmer & Grower Members £42 plus VAT
- NFU Countryside Members £72 plus VAT
- NFU Associate Members £42 plus VAT
- Student & YFC Members £42 plus VAT
How do I get the discount?
To register your interest, please contact your regional office below:
- North West 01695 554900 [email protected]
- North East 01904 451550 [email protected]
- West Midlands 01952 400500 [email protected]
- East Midlands 01572 824250 [email protected]
- South West 01392 440700 [email protected]
- South East 01730 711950 [email protected]
- East Anglia 01638 672100 [email protected]
- NFU Cymru 01982 554200 [email protected]