Do you supply direct to a retailer? Are you aware of the Grocery Supply Code of Practice (GSCOP) and how it can help safeguard your business from unfair trading practices during negotiations?
A good understanding of GSCOP is essential for any commercial negotiations with retailers. Training is a must for any business directly supplying retailers.The training is very interactive and focuses not just on understanding the code of practice, but also how suppliers can stand up for themselves while maintaining a strong working relationships with grocery retailers.
We will be offering a future one-day course which will explain the GSCOP code and the role of the adjudicator. If you are interested in being contact once a date has been confirmed please email the food chain team.
The course is on offer to NFU members at a discounted rate of £185 +VAT per person. Non-members will be charged £500 +VAT per person.
This course is ideal for; CEO's/COO's, National Account Managers, Commercial Directors, Commercial Managers, Finance teams and admin staff.
- To understand what the GSCOP is, why it was set up, and its key elements
- To know how the GSCOP affects you and your job role
- To instil confidence on how to use the GSCOP/the GCA, including in trade negotiation situations.
- To understand how trade associations can help, with Code clarifications or reporting breaches confidentially to the GCA or Code Compliance Officer
- To have the knowledge to better safeguard your business from unfair dealing
- Introduction and objectives
- The context - why GSCOP was put in place
- GSCOP order and schedules
- The GCA's role
- Supplier good practice and trade negotiations
- GSCOP developments and investigations
- The role of trade associations
- Case studies / role plays
- The GCA's priorities
- Course evaluation
This is an all-day course, running from 9am to 5pm at NFU HQ, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire. Tea, coffee and lunch will be provided on the day.
Course costs will need to be paid in advance. Course cost for NFU members is £185 + VAT per person. Non-members will be charged £500 + VAT per person. No refund available.
The next training date is now full. However, we will be offering a future one-day course. If you are interested in being contact once a date has been confirmed please email the food chain team on Zm9vZGNoYWluZm9jdXNAbmZ1Lm9yZy51aw==. If there are a number of people within your business who you would like trained (ideally 20 people), we can discuss specific training options for you.