The food chain team meets regularly with a range of retailers, processors, manufacturers and caterers to ensure that UK grocery supply chains are mutually beneficial, that UK produce is used where possible and that it is sourced in a fair and equitable manner.
May 2020 key changes and events:
- The food chain team met with the Co-op to discuss how the Co-op are supporting their farmers during Covid-19.
- The NFU with Morrisons to cover the issue of carcass balance
- Minette and Terry discussed with Tesco their current priorities including trade and standards
- The food chain team met up with McDonalds to understand how they are supporting farmers and growers to re-direct volume back to McDonalds
- The food chain team met with Waitrose to see what Waitrose can do to support the standards asks within the Agriculture Bill and discuss anticipated demand for turkeys
- The food chain and crops team met with Heineken to discuss the impacts of Covid-19 on the hospitality sector and how pubs and restaurants will reopen.
See more below...
Other useful links: