NFU Contacts at the Bury St Edmunds factory
NFU Sugar Beet Intake representatives
NFU Sugar represents growers within the centralised tarehouse and at each factory on behalf of all growers though the campaign.
Based onsite at the British Sugar factories they can answer queries regarding sampling procedures and process complaints during the campaign.
Your representatives at Bury St Edmunds are:
Peter Gillard and Mark Bible Tel: 01284 703263
For any general sugar beet enquiry contact the NFU Sugar HelpLine on 0370 0661974
Beet Reception Committee
The Beet Reception Committee (BRC) is comprised of NFU Sugar Board members and growers that deliver to the specific factory. Members of the BRC work on behalf of growers on factory matters and can be contacted where required on the following numbers:
Joint Reception Committee Chairman (Sugar Board member)
- Andrew Ross 07889 958008
- David Miller 01449 781265
- Alison Lawson 01379 68732
Bury St Edmunds factory details
Agriculture Operations Manager
- Patrick Barraclough 07769 936 494
The Bury St Edmunds factory is the UK's largest milled sugar plant.
- 250,000 tonnes of sugar is produced annually at the Bury St Edmunds factory.
- There are 160 employees,200 during the campaign.
- Two million tonnes of sugar beet are produced by some 1,200 UK growers, at an average distance of 50km from the factory.